The World Federation of Trade Unions on the occasion of the World Refugee Day, 20th of June 2017, expresses its firm, internationalist solidarity with the millions of refugees and displaced persons who are forced to abandon their countries, their homes because of the imperialist wars and conflicts.
This year the situation is worse than ever, with 65,6 million of displaced persons worldwide, of whom 22,5 millions are refugees. All workers, whether they are foreigners or locals are class brothers and our struggles are common, no matter the nationality, race, color of skin or religion are.
The WFTU calls upon the international working class, to keep expressing its solidarity with immigrants and refugees, especially now, when imperialist wars and aggression have created huge waves of refugees.
The World Federation of Trade Unions with its anti-imperialist and internationalist position and action denounces the murderous and hypocritical policy of the European Union and its Governments and struggles for the elimination of the aggressiveness against the people of North Africa and the Middle East, for the dissolution of NATO and for the utilization of the natural resources by the people for their own interests and for the popular development that will bring the reconstruction and the prosperity of the people.
We demand the immediate end of all imperialist interventions. We ask from the International Organizations to support the countries of origin of economic immigrants and of the political refugees.
Based on this the WFTU calls for:
• The abolishment of the Dublin and the Schengen Treaty, the Frontex and all repressive mechanisms.
• Stopping the measures of the European Union for the repression at the borders.
• End now the imperialist interventions of EU-USA-NATO.
• Direct transfer of the refugees from the islands and the entry points to the countries of their final destination.
• Increase of the personnel and the infrastructure for the rescue, the record-identification, the housing, feeding, medical care and the safe transfer of the people. Decent housing for all refugees, education for their children under state responsibility.
• Creation of dignified centers of welcoming and hospitality