The Confederation of KASBI, which is allied with GEBRAK (Workers’ Movement with the People), carried out a Mass Action on the commemoration of International Women’s Day while still implementing the Health Protocol.
Of course it is not without obstacles in carrying out mass actions in the midst of Indonesia’s democratic situation, which is currently full of silencing by the regime against civilians, plus the covid-19 pandemic situation that has not improved in Indonesia.
The Workers, especially women workers, whose jobs are subject to discrimination, the failure to fulfill their rights as women, and the sexual harassment committed by companies indicates the failure of the Indonesian government to guarantee and protect its own people from oppression and exploitation by the Capitalism System. Even during demonstrations, acts of intimidation and even repression were carried out by the police against the mass of the action and all those in charge of the action, which resulted in the criminalization of the KASBI leaders summons by the Metro Jaya Regional Police.
The responsible person for the mass action, Chairman of the Confederation of KASBI, Nining Elitos as the reported party, and the officials of the KASBI-affiliated labor union as witnesses. They were summoned by the Metro Jaya Regional Police scheduled for March 15, 2021. Unmitigated, the Police used Article 55, Articles 160 and 169, Article 216 of the Criminal Code. In addition, article 98 of Law No.6 / 2018 concerning Health Quarantine.
On the commemoration of World Women’s Day 2021, the KASBI Confederation demands:
- Stop layoffs;
- Give Rights and Protect Women Workers;
- Stop Discrimination Against Women Workers, 4. Stop Sexual Harassment of Women Workers;
- Provide Child Care Centers to Female Workers;
- Give Women Workers the Right to Reproductive Health;
- Guarantee and Protect Migrant Workers,
- Provide Lactation Space for Women Workers;
- Apply National Decent Wages;
- Revoke the OmnibusLaw Cipta Kerja and Derivative Rules ;
- Stop Discrimination of Non-PNS Family Planning Field Workers at BKKBN, Give the right to work certainty;
- Stop state violence against the critical voice of the people;
- Pass the Sexual Violence Protection Bill;
- Pass the Bill on the Protection of Domestic Workers;
- Ratification of ILO Convention No. 190 about Sexual Violence in the World of Work;
- Thoroughly Investigate Alleged Corruption of BPJS Employment.
The Confederation of KASBI invites all Comrades of WFTU to solidarity in voicing the rejection of Freedom of Silence to convey aspirations in public, repressiveness, criminalization along with the demands of the Confederation of KASBI as stated above.
Long Live the Struggle!
Long Live Internasionalism!
Salam Muda Berani Militan!