The WFTU expresses its solidarity to the migrants and refugees from Syria and all the other countries. We support their demands for dignified humane conditions and respect of their rights.
The World Federation of Trade Unions with its anti-imperialist and internationalist position and action denounces the murderous and hypocritical policy of the European Union and its Governments and struggles for the elimination of the aggressiveness against the people of North Africa and the Middle East, for the dissolution of NATO and for the utilization of the natural resources by the people for their own interests and for the popular development that will bring the reconstruction and the prosperity of the people.
We demand the immediate end of all imperialist interventions. We ask from the International Organizations to support the countries of origin of economic immigrants and of the political refugees.
The phenomena or racism, neofascism and xenophobia must be fully confronted.
Based on this the WFTU calls for:
- The abolishment of the Dublin and the Schengen Treaty, the Frontex and all repressive mechanisms.
- Stop the measures of the European Union for the repression in the borders.
- End now the imperialist interventions of EU-USA-NATO.
- Direct transfer of the refugees from the islands and the entry points to the countries of their final destination.-
- Increase of the personnel and the infrastructure for the rescue, the record-identification, the housing, feeding, medical care and the safe transfer of the people.
- Creation of dignified centers of welcoming and hospitality