The WFTU secretariat informs that the OPEN ESSAY CONTEST, under the title: “Historical figures of the WFTU” has a new deadline. The contest is taking place on the framework of the celebration events of the WFTU 75 years of honor and dignity. Given the difficulties and the restrictions due to the pandemic, the WFTU is responding to the request of some writers for the postponing of the contest deadline because it is impossible for them to travel, search and visit libraries and archives. The new deadline for the contest is August, 31st, 2021.
The WFTU Secretariat heartily thank the participants that have been already submitted their essays and once again calls upon the friends of the WFTU to participate in this very important contest.
We remind the terms and conditions of the contest and its awards:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
- Any militant, friend of the WFTU, researcher or simple unionist can participate in the contest, with a written text that should not exceed 120 pages, written in a language of his/her convenience.
- This essay / project / book should focus on a historical WFTU militant who IS NO LONGER ALIVE.
- This essay / project / book may focus on a WFTU militant, whether from the author’s country of origin, or from his/her wider region.
- It will include documents on the relationship between the given historical militant figure and the WFTU.
- The final text will be sent to the WFTU headquarters to be evaluated by a special committee for each continent.
All participants will receive certificates of participation.
- One first prize will be awarded per sub-region during a special ceremony to be held at the WFTU Headquarters. The prize will be a week of stay in Greece.
- The first three essays per sub-region will be published and used in the WFTU training schools.
- The WFTU is willing to help any participant, guaranteeing access to its archives, with interviews and contacts with people who may be necessary.
For more information, you can contact the following e-mail: [email protected]