April 6-9, 2011 – Greece, Athens
Dear friends, colleagues, trade unionists
As you know already the leadership of WFTU has disseminated the two previous Circulars. With the first circular it announced and launched the Call for the Congress and with the second circular it provided many details for the participation of our affiliates and friends in the preparation of the Congress and for the competitions of poster, poem, music etc. Now we disselinate Circular no 3.
a. The documents: All trade union affiliates, friends and independent ones who wish to send submissions in order to be included in the materials of the Congress, can do it up to November 30th . The proposals should be in one of the languages English-Spanish- French -Arabic.
We await your submissions:
- For messages of solidarity and internationalism you wish to propose.
- For the environment and the climatic changes (water- forests etc).
- For labor–salaries-social security matters.
- For the trade-union freedoms and rights.
- For the economic crisis and the proposals of the trade-union movement.
- For education, health, HIV-AIDS, the illiteracy.
- On unemployment, the redundancies, poverty, exploitation.
- About the forms and the content of the struggle.
- For all subjects of strategy and tactic of the working class.
- About imperialism and the capitalist barbarity.
- For the economic immigrants, the youth, the women etc.
- On multinationals and their role, how to confront with them.
The texts that you will send should be up to 4 pages. Documents longer than 4 pages will not be included in the materials that will be circulated and published. Documents should also follow a concrete structure (with introduction to the issue, main presentation and future trends, trade union positions and proposals for demands).
b. Statute: Concrete proposals. What should be eliminated and what should be included. All proposals should be sent by November 30th .
c. New leadership: If you have proposals, thoughts, observations, criticisms, the WFTU is open, democratic and will discuss your proposals. Deadline: November 30th .
d. Information on personal data of representatives and observers: Those who want to register for the Congress on time, they have to fully complete and send us back the form attached today. All data should be included so that everyone to receive a nominative invitation and to have a card of representative or observer.
A request: We kindly request all our members and friends to send their fees now. Everyone must strengthen our common effort. The WFTU receives financial support only by the workers and their trade-union organisations. Help us. Support the class trade-union movement.
The e-mail of the 16th Congress is: email@example.com
Do not hesitate to ask for information and help on any question you may have. We want all together, members and friends of the WFTU to organise a Congress which will be open, democratic and militant. A Congress without any pre-decided resolution or pre-determined leadership, a Congress where everything will be solved collectivelly. All leading cadres of WFTU want a Congress which will be simple and substantial that will be in harmony with the history, the fights and the principles of the working class and of the WFTU.
With fraternal militant greetings