The First International Trade Union Youth Conference is going to be held in Lima-Peru next November 18-20, 2009. Last Friday October 16th, the Preparatory Committee for the International Trade Union Youth Conference had a meeting in Athens, Greece and approved the following resolution:
The members of the Preparatory Committee for the International Trade Union Youth Conference in the meeting held in the city of Athens, Greece, call upon the young trade unionists of America, Africa, Asia, Europe and Middle East, to participate in the debates and proposals on major issues faced today by young workers at the International Conference of Trade Union Youth to be held in Lima, Peru, on November 18-20, 2009.
Whereas the capitalist system has been eroded in its own crisis, it only provides a black future for young workers.
- Young people are one of the most exploited sectors of the working class, with poorer working conditions and low wages.
- The capitalist system only provides precarity and more unemployment in every continent in spite of the great progress of the technological revolution and the huge profits gained by transnational corporations at the expense of the exploitation and plunder of the peoples.
- The capitalist system and servile governments are so cruel that they prefer to give millions of dollars from taxpayers to save corrupt bankers, but they do not give a penny to save the millions of workers that lost their jobs.
- Young workers are systematically prevented to join trade unions, due to temporary contracts under the pressure of not being rehired. That is their attempt to confiscate our dignity and to neutralize us.
- The capitalist system uses young people for governments to send them as cannon fodder in the imperialist wars.
- It’s time for young workers to raise our voice, NO to wars or arms race! YES to PUBLIC productive investment for the creation of jobs!
- It´s time for young workers to struggle for public free education and health systems.
- It´s time for young workers to struggle for the defense of the natural resources of our countries exploited by imperialism.- It´s time for young workers to strengthen our struggle for the rights of economic immigrants and for better labour conditions in our own country.
- EU and the USA respond with walls and shameful actions against young immigrants.
- Lies and corruption is the philosophy of neoliberal capitalism. Young people are the moral and class strength to contribute to the construction of another world with social justice.
- We are the hope and future of trade unionism in the struggle under the class-oriented principles to transform society.
Let’s respond to the destructive policy of the capitalist system with the ideological rearmament to defeat it.
Let’s join forces and wills for our aims and dreams to come true in a new world in which human beings will be the priority with productive public investments to create steady jobs and decent salaries for young men and women; for wealth and resources of the planet to be at the service of humanity and not at the service of a small group (transnational corporations).
Young people struggle for a different way of development. Because the future of the new generations is not capitalism but the abolition of exploitation from man to man.
We convey congratulations to the General Confederation of Workers of Peru (CGTP) and the World Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU) for the initiative of organizing this International Conference of vital importance.
We wait for you in Lima-Peru on November 18-20, 2009. We remind you that international delegates must be in Lima on November 17th.
Athens, Greece October 16th, 2009
MEMBERS OF THE PREPARATORY COMMITTEE:
GUSTAVO MINAYA, CGTP-PERU
Ullah AZAM SYED ZIA, APFUTU-PAKISTAN
ABDULL KAREEM MOTAJO, NUATE-NIGERIA
GEORGE Xarvalias, PAME - GREECE
Paulo Vinicius Santos da Silva, CTB-BRAZIL