The WFTU Regional Office of America and the National School for Trade Union Cadres Lazaro Pena belonging to the Cuban Workers Trade Union Central (CTC) are calling the English speaking Caribbean trade union organizations to participate in a Trade Union Course that will be held from the next 10 to 21 march, 2008 in Havana City, Cuba.
- Cuba and its Reality
- The World Federation of Trade Union. Current situation and perspective.
- Globalisation and Neoliberal policies in the region. Its consequences within the labour movement.
- The impact of globalisation and neoliberal policies in the labour market.
- The matter of gender in the Caribbean reality.
- The transformational leadership in the current context.
- The International Labour Organization.(ILO)
- Labour migration in the Caribbean region.
- The International Labour Organisation.
- Caribbean integration.
- Unity, a challenge for trade unionism at present.
- Evaluation: Final Workshop.
This course will be taught by a staff of professors who are high-level specialists in the different subjects of this program.
The registry quote for participants in this course its only 280.00 CUC (Cuban Convertible Money), which should be paid at the entrance to the lodging place desk at Puesta del Sol’s Hotel arrive. This quote includes transfer from /to airport, lodging, breakfast, lunch, classes and transportation to activities included in the official syllabus of the course. The arrival day to our installations will be from the 8 mars and the leaving day mars 23rd .
It is required that participants should not only be well documented about subjects of the syllabus, but should also bring some bibliography about content. If possible, students could donate bibliography to the Trade Union Information and Reference Centre of “Lazaro Pena” school.
Participants must fill the following information up to February 28th to WFTU – America headquarters and the “Lazaro Pena” School: (Martha@fsm.ctc.cu), (Anibal@fsm.ctc.cu) and (firstname.lastname@example.org), (email@example.com) or by fax: (537) 2735921 – (537) 2719439, Phones: (537) 273 5922 and (537) 2710772 can be also use to contact organizers.
ELEMENTS TO BE INFORM BY THE PARTICIPANTS·
. Full name
· Participant’s trade union organisation
· Arrival date
Regla María Aguila Ramón Cardona
National School for Trade Union Cadres Regional Office of America
“Lazaro Pena” World Trade Union Federation